The Francis Bacon MB Art Foundation would especially like to thank the following institutions for their contributions to our website:
- The Estate of Francis Bacon www.francis-bacon.com
- Marlborough Fine Art www.marlboroughfineart.com
- Tate Britain www.tate.org.uk
- Sotheby’s Cecil Beaton Studio Archive www.sothebys.com
- Société des Bains de Mer (SBM) www.montecarlosbm.com
- Médiathèque de Monaco www.mediatheque.mc
- Archives du Palais Princier de Monaco
- Archives du Musée Cantini, Marseille
- Éditions Gilletta • Nice-Matin
The Foundation would like to extend its profound thanks to the following scholars, art historians, photographers and friends for their valuable contribution:
Brian Clarke, Martin Harrison, Amanda Harrison, Elizabeth Beatty, the late Christophe Dejean, the late Eduardo Cardenes, Norma Johnson, Bettina von Hase, Theresa Simon, Gilbert Lloyd, Eddy Batache, Reinhard Hassert, Carlos Freire, Phil and Patricia Hill, Claude Valion, Aurélie Valion, G.P. Ferreyrolles, Brett Harrison, John Minihan, André Morain, Michel Nguyen, Ida Kar, Perry Ogden, Cathy Cunliffe, Rosie Bernard, Mme Bergonzi, Michael R. Hewett, Tony Applewhite and Ben Harrison for his essential contribution in the design and development of this website.
The background music, Chopin’s Nocturne Op. 9 no.1, comes from Bacon’s private music collection, which was found in his studio at 7 Reece Mews, London.
Video clips featuring Francis Bacon, Brian Clarke and Martin Harrison. © The Estate of Francis Bacon.
Two video clips of David Sylvester by David Sylvester. Copyright © David Sylvester, used by permission of The Wylie Agency (UK) Limited.